To get my fabrics ready for the next stage of printing, I decided to monoprint different types of calligraphic marks on with a resist. The marks above were brushed with a foam brush on to a Plexiglas plate and then monoprinted onto the cloth.
Then I filled up a gold-tipped applicator bottle and started creating illegible handwriting on the Plexiglas and monoprinted that onto the cloth. Since I'll be monoprinting dyes over both lengths of cloth when I go back to my studio this weekend, it will be interesting to see if these marks read as language marks once the pieces are dyed and washed out.
I'm also working on some new silk screen designs, so while I worked in pretty relaxed manner, I did actually get a lot done, including cleaning out all the old dyes that were in my refrigerator and washing out all the containers so I can start with fresh ones this weekend.
Tomorrow I'll be driving to Ithaca to get six of the new pieces from the Notations exhibition photographed so Holly can put them up on my website, which we'll start redesigning next week. Then I'll be back in my studio on Saturday and Sunday and hopefully will end the weekend with some great new pieces of cloth underway that will help launch new Parables and Pages pieces!