Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Art of the Steal at Hungerford Studios

The time has come to let go of many of my experimental surface design works and samples along with my dyes, silks and cottons, both undyed and dyed and printed -- and all of my sundry collected-over-15-years assortment of books, magazines, tools and equipment. It's a mega letting go and I'm excited. The old "one door closes, another one opens" adage fits here. I am committed to my new body of work and the directions it is leading me; these materials no longer fit.  

IMG 0875

                     The piles for pricing keep growing and it's amazing how good it feels to let it all go.

This shift has meant pulling everything out of storage areas in both my home and studio and piling boxes and bolts and etceteras in my soon to be painting and printing space.  I'm pulling out the stove, washer and dryer to paint the walls and set up additional work space.  

IMG 0877

As I prepare for the sale, I am visualizing a lovely clear space in my artistic life that is making room for new ideas and new works.  I am ready to pare down, let these much loved and carefully collected raw materials move along to people who will actually USE them!

The sale is mushrooming from my personal studio sale to a building-wide January clearance sale. Turns out that a whole lot of us need to let go of the old as we usher in the new year!

So if you are in the area and want to help me make this shift, please come to Hungerford Studios' "Art of the Steal Sale" on Friday, January 25 and Saturday, January 26, 11 AM - 4 PM. Hungerfordsaleflier 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanne,

    It is hard to let go, but very freeing. Hurray for you! I'd love to come to the sale, but I suppose it's a good thing I can't - my studio is overflowing and in need of a purge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! I can feel your excitement, truly! January always puts me in this same mind - out with old, in with the new.

    I can tell by your pieces on the wall in one of the photos, that you are the artist who created a piece that my show neighbor at RMSC Holiday Bazaar bought from you. I've forgotten her name now but she bought it at a First Friday I think, and picked it up that November weekend. I'm so glad she shared it with me - I'd never seen anything like it. Outstanding work!

    I will be in your neighborhood on Friday so I'll stop by the sale. I'll be sure to stop in your studio and meet you in person.

    (And I love how the sale spread throughout the building - brilliant!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stefani, definitely stop by on Friday and say hi. It will be great to meet you. Your show neighbor must have been Celeste Friend -- super nice person. Glad you liked the piece. I'm still pricing and arranging and it feels like I will never be ready, but of course I will. The Hungerford Building got a nice promo in the D & C today so I hope we'll get a strong turnout of shoppers.

      Delete