Monday, December 8, 2008

And the Creative Blogger Award Goes to - ME!



Thanks, Rayna, for presenting me with the Creative Blogger award!! What a nice way to end 2008 -- I think I'll imagine it as a seed that will grow and blossom into more great validations that the universe will bring to me in 2009.

So I'm doing just as Rayna's instructions to me "require."

1. The winner may put the logo on her blog. (done)

2. Put a link to the person you got the award from in your blog (done)

3. Nominate five blogs. (see below)

4. Put links to the blogs. (ditto)

5. Leave a message for your nominees. (about to do next)

Alas, I have to make a confession. I spend so much time making art and doing art-related research that I haven't gotten to know many of the wonderful bloggers that are out in cyber space. I'm hoping to correct that in 2009, so would appreciate any and all recommendations for a list of "Best Artist Blogs" to start off the New Year with some inspiration(and maybe help improve mine too!)

I DO have friends near and far who have blogs, so let me introduce you to them.

Karen Rips
I met Karen, who lives in California, when she flew east to take my Glorious Textures class at Pro Chem. She loves creating textural surfaces and actually uses some of the techniques she learned in that class in her work. Check out her small works, they're really good.


Priscilla Kibbe

Priscilla travels the world alone purchasing amazing items from crafts people around the globe, then brings them home to sell and use in her amazing jackets. I totally admire her moxie!

Beth Brandkamp
Beth is the most knowledgeable person I know about Procion MX dyes. Her current fascination is with marbling. She also is a marvelous photographer and her blogs are always entertaining.

Marcia DeCamp
Marcia started studying improvisational quiltmaking with Nancy Crow approximately eight years ago. She began entering her terrific "jet trails" themed pieces into juried shows just within the past year and has gotten into every one she has entered save for one -- it took courage to put her work out and boy is she on a roll now!

Jane Dunnewold
Gosh, why am I putting a "famous person" in here? Well this famous lady is my friend and I am lovin' her new idea to challenge herself creatively (and she is for sure!) with a blog that commits to photo-journaling an image each day that requires her to be present and to "see" the beauty all around her.

Whew, I did it! Came up with five!! Now I get to bestow each one with the honor by sending them an e-mail and then get back to making new work!

No comments:

Post a Comment