Friday, July 31, 2009

Setting the Tone for the Day

Another Note to Myself: I woke up this morning feeling out of sorts.  Every time I start taking a nose dive emotionally, the way I can regain my balance is to identify the needs that generate the feelings and take positive action to address them.

My husband is away for a few days.  I’ve been working alone all week.  I need human interaction! So I just wrote to a friend about getting together for lunch and a visit to Rochester’s Memorial Art Gallery for the Rochester Finger Lakes Exhibition. It cheers me up just to think of spending time soon discussing art and life with someone I enjoy!

I visited several favorite blogs of mine this morning. One is  Lesley Avon Miller’s  Textures Shapes and Color . When I visit blogs that are so well designed  I realize how little I know about blogger and how much  more I need to learn  about how to use blogger features. Rather than beating myself up over this, I’m going to make it a goal on my master list .

Once I turn a problem into a goal, I feel a huge sense of release.  I don’t have to deal with it TODAY, but I will focus on creating action steps to improve my blog design knowledge  over the next several months. If you can suggest any resources, please send me an email!

Taking action to address my needs is working its magic. My attitude is improving by the minute! Every thought that pops into my head this morning that  starts to erode my confidence or positivity is getting addressed in some way.  I’m staying home to do some stitching today and make a final decision about applying for a solo exhibition that I just found out about that’s due tomorrow.

I will review the materials in my data base to see if I have enough from other applications to complete the entry without it being rushed and stressful and then will spend some time stitching.

I’ll give myself a break to go out around lunchtime for an iced coffee at Starbucks and buy some fresh blueberries and raspberries at Wegmans for my yogurt. I’ll browse some art magazines for inspiration.

To gain that all important inner quiet, as soon as I finish writing and posting this blog, I will sit quietly and meditate and send out mental images of my desires manifesting!!

How's THAT for setting the tone for a day??? The longer I live, the more I realize the key to my personal well being is totally about attitude and positive action.

2 comments:

  1. Seeing your words in my dashboard, I popped on over for a read on how another artist takes care of herself. Imagine my surprise to see you mention my blog!I hope your well planned actions result in balance and a creative out pour. Thanks for a great post about self care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing, Leslie! I'm into my day and the RX for myself is working. The answer to completing a piece that eluded me suddenly seems very clear, the application that I dreaded composing seems much less complicated to complete.

    ReplyDelete